Faith Promise Sunday 2018
Each week we offer some notes of quotes and Scripture references used in the Sunday message. Our hope is that we will use these tools to go deeper into the passage and series. As we journey together through the Bible may we be transformed as a church, and individually, by God’s Word.
Faith Promises by Doug Rumschlag
You can listen to Doug’s message and the prayers for those we support here: http://gracetoledo.org/portfolio/faith-promise-sunday-2018/
“Faith Promise is how our financial support for our friends in mission goes forth. Funding for missions does not come out of our general operating budget, but only from our Faith Promise commitments. A Faith Promise is an agreement we make with God regarding our financial commitment to missions at Grace. It is a result of prayer mixed with faith. We pray and ask the Lord what our commitment should be and then we ask Him for help to make it possible to give. It is a promise based on faith. Faith Promise contributions are above and beyond our regular tithes and offerings. The amount committed to Faith Promise impacts the level of support we can give our missionaries, both internationally and right here in Toledo.” ~Doug Rumschlag
Faith Promise pledge cards are available in the lobby.
Prayer requests for those we support through Faith Promises:
Marek Kiewra, Poland
- Youth camp (happening now)
- Mission trip to Armenia and Georgia in February. For safety, these are Muslim countries.
- Wisdom and growth in the church
- My sons, Paul and Peter
Naomi Anzaldo, Tijuana, Mexico
- Good health, last year was a real challenge
- Strength and wisdom in shepherding El Shaddi. (God’s people can really get themselves into different predicaments!)
Mike and Becky Kuelker, Tepic, Mexico
- Good health
- Adoption process…that it would move along more quickly
- Adequate funds
David Kornfield, Latin America
- Dave’s verse for 2018 is Jer.12:5, “If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in a safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?” Dave believes this verse calls him to an upgrade. He writes, “I’m turning 65 in March and I feel the need to focus better and be sharper in order to finish well these next ten years in which I envision multiplying disciples and pastoring of pastors movements. I also want to upgrade my marriage, family and personal life.
- The Latin America Pastoring of Pastors Summit, March 6-9, in Bogata, Columbia. Dave leads this summit. Over 100 participants from at least eleven countries are expected.
- The Discipleship Bible. Dave finished the New Testament last March and expects to finish the Old Testament this March. Pray that it will be widely used of God in Brazil.
Rick and JoAnn Widener, Alliance for Renewal Missions Director
- JoAnn’s health. Pray that God would guide the Drs., allow procedures to work, to make her life a little less uncomfortable, less painful.
- The Widener’s need to replace their mini-van sometime this year. Finances and wisdom to make that happen.
- Rick expresses great gratitude and thankfulness to all who have supported them over the last 15 years. However, finances are always a good prayer topic.
Sarah Weingarden, University of Indiana, Chi Alpha college ministry
- 12-15 is the annual winter conference. Pray that students would be encouraged, inspired and challenged over this next weekend.
- Pray with us this semester as we train and raise up more student leaders in our Leadership Training Class.
- Sarah is leading a mission trip to Dearborn, Michigan this spring break.Pray that the team will make a difference and learn a lot while they are there.
Wesley Blood, International student ministries at the University of Toledo
- Pray for all the new students who are arriving now for the Spring Semester. Many of them are from very warm climates, and it is a real shock to experience cold for the first time.
- Pray that we would serve effectively, helping with furniture when they arrive through the Household Items Giveaway. Pray that this would open the door of their curiosity about Jesus.
- Pray for students who are attending our bible study right now, that they would grow in their understanding of Jesus, and would eagerly enter His kingdom. Currently students from China, Egypt, Brazil, Nigeria and Iran are studying with us.
- Pray for Americans to sign up with Conversation Partners, that no student who requests a partner would go unmatched, and that each relationship would grow. Jesus flows through the lines of relationship.
- Pray for our family, that we would remain close to Jesus. We need His strength, both physically and spiritually. Especially at the beginning of each semester!
Wendy Yeager, Keep Watch Prayer. Prayer in schools throughout greater Toledo. Wendy shares several things the Lord is doing:
- Weekly prayer in 40 schools in the greater Toledo area
- Sylvania has opened their doors for prayer walks in all 12 schools
- Anthony Wayne and Eastwood are the first 2 districts to be %100 covered
- Student behavior continues to turn around
- Teachers express their gratitude for the support, encouragement and prayers.
- AND Owatonna, MN is launching pray in all 6 of their schools. This after hearing what God is doing through Keep Watch in Toledo
Please pray for:
- More churches to adopt schools
- Funding to hire an administrative assistant
- Children and staff in schools to come to know Jesus and grow in their relationship with Him
- That I (Wendy) would lead out of love for Jesus, experiencing God’s wisdom and direction
Pastor Charles Allen, Empower 1 Ministries. This is a ministry to facilitate community transformation in Toledo through economic, social and spiritual programs.
- Pray for Charles: wholeness in spirit, soul and body. For focus. And for finances
- Pray for Empower1: Donor base, administration help, board and finances.
Youth Haven Ranch, Rives Junction, MI.
Please pray for:
- Open staff positions at their Arizona Ranch
- Financial needs
- Wisdom in working with kids who come to the ranch.